Band Director Website – 300 Articles & growing!
About 3 years ago, an idea formed.
- Band directors could use a reliable resource for pedagogical discussions.
- Band directors could use fresh ideas they can implement today.
- Band directors could use help motivating their students.
- Band directors could use a bit of inspiration themselves.
What if there was a website for band directors? What would we need for that to happen?
- a basic site
- music educators who are willing to write articles on specific topics they are experts in
- band directors to read it
- We provided the website with BandDirectorsTalkShop.com.
- Our ‘core contributors’ provided the quality articles (see more here).
- YOU provided the readers.
We were blown away by the quick growth of the website and it showed us that yes, directors want to learn. They want to share. They want to inspire and be inspired. They just needed a place to do it. We are honored to assist.
How have things changed in the first 3 years?
10 core contributors, mostly from Texas have become over 50 contributing authors from all over the United States.
10 articles when we launched have become 300.
A small Facebook page has turned into 13,000+ and a presence on Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest.
Businesses have offered financial support – As we’ve grown, so have the costs.
A store is available on TeachersPayTeachers to provide printable materials for directors to use.
A Facebook group is now available for a community of band directors to discuss ideas about Beginning Band Engagement.
Who are our readers?
An average of 60,000 unique readers visit our site every month from over 150 countries around the world! That’s a lot of band directors and many more students who are then impacted by what those directors learn. There have been over 6 million pages viewed so far!
What’s coming in the next 3 years?
We have a number of things we’re working on, with the CORE mission always being to educate and inspire band directors. We plan to provide more high quality, expert articles on down to earth topic of teaching as well as new resources on a number of platforms to support directors as they teach the young musicians of the world. Stay tuned!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.