Do you have a supply kit for band trips? Caring for our students while off campus is a huge responsibility. Here are some ideas of items you may want to take with you to be prepared for anything!
- Roster of students
- Seating Chart
- Proof of Student Eligibility (if needed for contest)
- Phone number of administrators and contest host
- Medical release forms with correct signatures and UPDATED parent phone numbers
- Pens, pencils, paper clips, tape
- If your paperwork is digital, have your iPad and iPad/phone chargers
- First aid kit (bandaid, baggies for ice pack, pads/tampons, ace bandage, you might ask your school nurse for ideas)
- Medications ONLY if allowed by school and parents have signed consent – check carefully with you’re administrators! (specifically be aware of students who have need of epipens and/or inhalers)
- If you have any parents who are medical professionals it’s nice to invite them to be a chaperone on any extended trip.
- Safety pins
- Black socks
- Shoe polish
- Emergency Repair Kit (click here for full article of top 10 items to include)
- Extra baton, scores
- Extra reeds for each instrument, cork grease, valve oil
- Extra mouthpiece/ligature for each instrument
- Extra neck strap
- Extra sets of mallets/drum sticks – Have a specific checklist for percussion and double check before leaving your school and before leaving the performance site.
- Duct tape/electrical tape
- Music (either take up all music to be sure it get there or have kids double check)
How We Helped 98% of our Students Stay Eligible at a Title One School
Emergency Instrument Repair Kit
Dive Bombs – Better Low Brass Pitch Through Better Sound
If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, sign up here.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook too!
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.