Looking for a simple “Band Party Game” that your kids will go wild for? Here you go!
- You need one plastic cup for every 2 students. A microphone is helpful as this game gets NUTS at the end!
- Students get into partners
- Place a cup on the floor between the partners.
- You (or a student leader) calls out “Head, shoulders, head, knees, shoulders, knees, head” etc. randomly. (I call out about 10 directions.)
- The leader calls “CUP!!”
- Whichever student picks up the cup off the floor first advances to the next ‘round.’
- The student who loses in each partnership now follows the winner and cheers for their partner for the rest of the game.
- Winners from Round 1 find another winner from Round 1 to be their partner in round 2.
- Play again.
- The loser from Round 2 now follows the winner into the next round. (This should now be a group of 4 people with 1 person competing and 3 cheering.)
- Continue in the same manner.
- Each round the ‘mob’ of cheerers will get bigger, louder and crazier. Thus, the microphone is handy at the end.
- If you don’t have a microphone, just remind them that they have to be silent during the game and cheer in between rounds because the contestants must be able to hear your calling of the directions.
Where did I learn this super awesome, super simple game?
Band Directors Workshop! Interested in learning more fun and practical tips as you sit around hanging out with the best band directors around? Come join us this summer at Band Directors Workshop in Canyon, TX in July! Read more about the week long, FREE workshop HERE and sign up for informative updates HERE.